Guideline for Commenting on Blogs

The guideline for the comment here in the blog is for me: Everyone should be able to comment, as long as it is relevant to the topic and does not violate morality (i.e. no personal insults below the belt, hate speech, or illegal/criminal content - and no SEO spam for any price comparison sites).

However, I try to intervene as little as possible, as it quickly becomes censored (only SPAM is thrown out). At this point, a big thank you to all blog readers, so far the comment style here in the blog has been very civilized for my taste.

No registration needed:

Some blogs and websites only allow registered users to comment. For security reasons, I do not allow you to log into the blog, for example, to only allow this group of people to comment. This decision saved me a few headaches in terms of the GDPR, because: If I don't save any visitor login data, I can't lose it either. It is also more convenient for occasional blog visitors to be able to write a comment directly.


Here it is some best websites with high DA, PA:

Comments can be made anonymously:

In accordance with the GDPR, I have even opened up the possibility for visitors to comment anonymously (i.e. without entering their name in the comment field). However, I look very carefully at anonymous comments. In the event of abuse, the comment is thrown out.

Real names are not required for commenting. An alias name can be entered in the name field of the comment form (this is recommended by me for better assignment since other visitors can then refer to the alias name - makes tracking and answering easier for everyone involved).

Many commentators also use a mail address (often from a free mail provider) in the e-mail field, which clearly acts as a spam trap. That's okay too. The e-mail address is only visible to me anyway, and is actually only used by me in exceptional cases, if

a) A request for comment on my part due to ambiguity or

b) The question of deleting a comment in 'cases of doubt' occurs.

Has been required maybe a dozen times in 10 years.

GDPR consent required – tips:

Below the comment field is a checkbox with which you consent to the storage and processing of the data in accordance with the GDPR. For legal reasons, I cannot highlight the checkbox; every user has to tick it.

A user pointed out to me that a typed comment would be gone if you clicked on to send a comment, but the GDPR field was unmarked. In this case, an error page is displayed with a reference to the lack of consent. If you click on the backlink displayed on the error page, the comment is really (apparently) gone. Two tricks help:

If the error page is displayed again because of the forgotten checkbox, I use the browser's back button. The comment is then still in the comment field (I use Google Chrome).

If you have the link displayed in the error page Back elected, the commentary is really (seemingly) away. Just click on the link to answer the previous comment. At least during my test, the comment field with the old text came to light.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tips for Getting More Blog Comments?

Comment nesting and editing